Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Project Services
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 07/30/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Estimating team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence to support the various capital projects within our portfolio. This fast-paced area will work with project managers and business development teams to ensure the efficient preparation of high quality, timely and accurate estimates.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented individual who has knowledge and experience in not only estimating, but also has a broad understanding of project controls. This individual will have the proven skills, competencies and capacity to analyze and present findings with a continuous improvement mindset.
What you'll do
* Prepare and coordinate project cost estimates for all phases of projects
* Present completed estimates to management and stakeholders
* Provide support to senior estimators on the team for specific projects
* Collaborate with internal customers and stakeholders
* Work closely with the Project Controls team in establishing structured control estimates
* Support Supply Chain Management with bid analysis reviews during the definition phase and change order assessments during the implementation phase
* Requires successful completion of post-secondary education and 3 years related experience
* Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry with knowledge of pipelines and related facilities
* Experience in conceptual estimating and ability to produce detailed quantity-based estimates
* A basic understanding of the main project discipline groups (e.g. Civil, Mechanical, E&I,
* Coatings, etc.)
* Familiarity with industry contacts to confirm reasonableness of major material costs and labour rates
* Ability to walk through the estimating process and basis during reviews and to defend the credibility of the deliverables
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software tools, including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook,
* PowerPoint, Projects, Visio, etc.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-faceted team
* Site construction experience would be an asset
* Familiarity with and/or ability to learn use of Cleopatra (or similar) Estimating software.
Apply to this posting by 07/30/2021 using reference code 89181. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.