Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
Novo/Paris Health Services is growing and we are looking to add associates in our DuBois, PA facility. Novo offers competitive compensation and great benefits including 401k, medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to company paid life insurance and long-term disability. If you are looking to take the next step in your career or just the first one, then we have something for you! Novo Health Services strives to be the employer of choice in the hospital sterile and non-sterile linen industry. To do that, we provide a positive work environment and opportunities for advancement.
Soil Sort opportunities are currently available at our facility located along Tom Mix Drive in DuBois, Pennsylvania. As a member of our soil team, you are generally responsible for sorting and preparing all soiled linen coming from hospital accounts.
Able to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Open laundry carts and empty hamper bags onto sorting table.
• Sort linen by fabric type.
• Accurately weigh sorted loads and send linen to washers via negative air system as well as operate laundry equipment in either automatic or manual mode.
• Identify instruments, sharp items, hospital-owned linen and other foreign objects and place them in appropriate receptacles.
• Place empty laundry carts in cart wash and operate washing machinery.
• Completely clean and disinfect soil sort area at end of shift.
• Mentor / train fellow associates.
• Other duties as assigned.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin veteran or disability status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.: Drug - Free Workplace.