Senior Software Engineer - ServiceNow Service Portal
Santa Clara, CA 95054
4 Months (Possible Extension or FTE conversion)
What you'll do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality products to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
What you will need for this role to be successful:
- 4+ years of experience in ServiceNow's service portal custom applications development
- Has technical knowledge building REST/SOAP-based APIs.
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST, HighCharts and associated frameworks
- Understanding of dependency injection and unit-testing principles
- Understanding of functional programming paradigm
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.