Posted in Construction 9 days ago.
Job ID: 314739
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Finishes wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish.
· Requires motions such as stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing.
· May require lifting of up to 100 pounds.
· Will need to know how to use a float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’ – 16’ straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is considered "Safety Sensitive" due to working on an active job site.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Must be willing to travel to each jobsite using personal transportation and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous experience working as a concrete finisher is required.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.