Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble and/or finish various types and sizes of plastic items and containers under direct supervision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Works from verbal and/or written instruction. May occasionally work from blueprint and/or assembly drawing. Uses hand tools, power tools and powered assembly tools such as semi-automatic assembly fixtures, band saw, table saw, riveting machine, pneumatic tools, drill press and foam saws.
* Performs changeover of assembly fixtures, replenishes/replaces stock at assembly station.
* Attaches necessary hardware and parts as per specifications and performs gluing, taping, flame treating and labeling operations. Checks parts for visual defects.
* Operates a variety of machines to perform finishing operations on various plastic and/or metal parts.
* Performs repair and paint operations on foam inserts. Fills voids, prepares surface, masks and sprays and/or hand paints. Maintains and cleans painting equipment.
* Maintains established quality and quantity standards. Follows prescribed safety precautions, established company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision. Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
* Maintains daily production and other records as required.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Understanding and ability to follow all established safety procedures and guidelines.
* Ability to operate machine controls.
* Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
Why Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks:
* Generous paid time off plans
* 401k plan - with a competitive match
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Established reputable brand offering premium products - you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
* Beautiful New England location
* Onsite gym
* Employee discount program on Pelican Products
* Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
* Wellness Discount Program
* Lucrative employee referral program - get paid to work with your trusted network.
* And more...
Hear why employees enjoy working at Pelican and what we're doing to keep our employee safe:
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.