About Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers. Harvard Business Publishing's Corporate Learning division targets enterprises that recognize leadership development as a source of competitive advantage. The Corporate Learning team's expertise is in creating rich, interactive learning experiences that develop leaders who shape their organizations' futures by making smart decisions at critical moments.
Product Manager Job Description:
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Product Manager is a member of a high-performing team accountable for the definition and commercial success of a portfolio of leadership development solutions used by many of the world's top companies. The Product Manager holds a critical role working closely with colleagues across HBP to manage our integration approach and service offerings for integrations to serve clients, partnerships and to support an integration offering portfolio.
Responsible for developing and enhancing our integrations approach to meet client needs and support an integrated portfolio, this individual is a key stakeholder on the agile team responsible for activities such as analyzing and synthesizing market data, tracking ongoing performance, collecting and analyzing data to provide input into prioritization and go-market strategies. S/he oversees the execution of the associated plans through the implementation of the agile development process in Corporate Learning, ongoing sales enablement, and tactical day-to-day product operations management and documentation. This is a strong individual contributor role that works collaboratively across the organization including Sales, Global Solutions, Global Services and Delivery, Marketing, and Product Development, as well as across the Harvard community, our global partners, and our clients.
* Represent the overall vision and strategy and own components of the strategy from idea generation through execution and measurement.
* Work with Product Directors and Marketing to track emerging trends and to articulate and refine messaging, differentiation, pricing, and competitive positioning for selected offerings.
* Work with Global Services/Digital CoE to identify opportunities to measure and improve service quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
* Work with the Product Management team and other stakeholders to define and prioritize the team backlog according to business and implementation strategy.
* Lead and participate in strategic initiatives as needed.
* Develop and maintain an integrations roadmap, inclusive of enhancements to our approach and integrated experiences as well as ongoing maintenance.
* Create business cases for additional investment and serve as the PO for the integrations agile team; assisting teams with story development, backlog grooming, and prioritization.
* Lead cross-functional offering teams and stakeholder updates for selected offerings and initiatives (minimally consisting of Product Management, Product Development, Marketing, Global Delivery
* May co-lead daily stand-ups, iteration planning meetings, sprint reviews, and retrospectives with Scrum Master
* Develop an understanding of target market and user base to guide product decisions. Serve as a subject matter expert in selected offerings and initiatives from a feature/function perspective. Liaise with key external partners (like LMS/LXP providers) to align future plans and resolve issues.
* Engage directly with clients and prospects in support of sales and to refine understanding of customer needs and use of the offering.
* Serve as day-to-day point of contact for selected offerings or initiatives for colleagues across the organization to:
o Enable the effectiveness of our client-facing teams
o Ensure the "voice of the market" is brought into the Product Management team
* Maintain operational efficiency including documenting, simplifying, and communicating relevant process flows
* Ensure plans are developed and executed to train core functions within Corporate Learning to sell and support offerings in accordance with their roles. Oversee the development of:
o Sales tools such as presentations, demos, and proposal templates
o Best practice materials, such as implementation guides and deployment tools
* Serve as point of contact to continue to enable Sales and Delivery and ensure successful implementation and high client satisfaction, including: internal webinars/training, ongoing internal communications, and training if applicable
* Manage stakeholder input/feedback
Metrics and Business Performance:
* Synthesize and report monthly updates on trends, including revenue; pipeline; win-loss; customizations; maintenance, and customer service trends
* Responsible for reporting on results of experiments and innovation efforts.
* In collaboration with Marketing, evaluate market and business analytics to define new market opportunities for exploration.
* Regularly contribute to reporting and discussion of business and product line performance.
* A focused executer with strong business acumen, relationship-orientation, and customer-focus
* Ability to work collaboratively and develop trusted relationships across product management, product development, services, and operations groups and drive teams to produce results within desired timelines, scope, and budget
* Enjoys engaging with clients and prospects in face-to-face and virtual settings
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, presentation and writing skills
* Passionate about innovation and designing high-quality client and learner experiences
* Data and results orientation: uses facts to drive decisions in a highly matrixed environment
* Acts with enthusiasm, resilience, and possesses a "can do" attitude
* 3-5+ years of product and project management experience
* Solid grasp of product life cycle, from concept to design, development, deployment, operations, and maintenance
* Experience working with agile teams (SCRUM and/or Kanban), including creating and managing user personas, epics, and user stories
* Successful experience managing projects with disparate teams to meet project timelines on budget
* Motivated to work in a high growth environment
* Experience in online learning/learning technologies and/or leadership development a plus