Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven individual to join the Firmenich R&D organization as Innovation Portfolio Management Director. Reporting to the VP R&D, Strategy and Open Innovation, the individual will be responsible for guiding project teams to timely and successful delivery of the Research and Innovation portfolio of projects. As a critical contributor to the transformation of the Innovation Portfolio and Process, this individual will lead portfolio and project management activities, manage stakeholder relationships and drive innovation process excellence. The Innovation Portfolio Management Director will collaborate closely with senior management and business partners to design and execute strategic plans. This position is based in Princeton, NJ.
* Manage a portfolio of innovation projects balancing its risk profile to maximize long-term value creation
* Coordinate relevant R&D activities to ensure timely delivery of Innovation projects, strategically assess the portfolio for gaps and acceleration opportunities, and prioritize the portfolio for optimal use of resources
* Ensure projects are budgeted, defined, tracked, and executed in a consistent and effective way that will maximize project success and drive business growth
* Develop and maintain project management standards, practices, and methodologies
* Support, mentor and challenge project teams on their deliverables, and coach them on the proper use of innovation processes
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives
* Organize and drive project and portfolio reviews for R&D and business leadership
* Manage the quarterly reporting of portfolio and project KPIs, milestone status
* Create and maintain the Innovation Playbook for the portfolio of projects under your management
* A strategic thinker who can link technology with business value creation
* Ability to accept and lead change
* Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, and a keen ability to influence without a position of authority
* BS/BA or equivalent in a Physical or Life Science discipline; PhD strongly preferred
* 6+ years (or 10+ years without a PhD), of industry and/or management consulting experience, with exposure to the consumer goods, health/wellness, biotech, specialty chemicals and/or directly adjacent industries
* Superior business acumen with strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, market and broad quantitative analyses
* Solid hands-on project / program management experience with an ability to manage multiple streams in parallel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including preparation of high-quality presentations tailored to varying audiences
* Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste
* Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
* Being part of a results oriented organization culture that foster team collaboration
* Work for a world leading company in environmental and sustainability initiatives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to
reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Subsidized Cafeteria!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!
about 11 hours ago
about 11 hours ago
about 11 hours ago
10 minutes ago
29 minutes ago
Blossman Gas, Inc
32 minutes ago