Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The WPS Operations Lead/Facilities Engineer is recognized as a strong technical contributor within Workplace Services (WPS) supporting both GMP and Non-GMP utilities and equipment required for the Corporate Headquarters at Santa Clara, CA.
This position will be responsible for certain utilities at the site, including domestic water, HVAC, electricity, and other supporting equipment and infrastructure. The Facilities Engineer will be coordinating activities with other departments including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Validation, Quality Control, etc. In addition, the Facilities Engineer may also collaborate with customer personnel, auditors, and regulatory authorities, as needed, to communicate system design, qualification, and status of WPS maintained systems. This role requires a significant amount of internal engagement with system users and EHS function through strong interpersonal skills, influence management and change management. Will implement and ensure execution of key initiatives against timeline and deliverables, including identifying bottlenecks, resolving issues, and driving towards effective and standardized completion.
Duties also include:
* Support all activities associated with site's utilities, including but not limited to, operation, qualification, preventative maintenance, change control, shut-down activities, risk assessments, leading investigations, trouble shooting, root cause analysis and CAPA implementation
* Ensure that all planned and unplanned work is prioritized and managed closely to minimize equipment downtime and disruptions to the manufacturing schedule. Clear, concise, and timely communications regarding these activities to all relevant partners (i.e.-manufacturing, quality assurance, engineering/process maintenance, leadership, etc.).
* Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance
* GMP Documentation: Responsible for new and replacement equipment install and operational validations. Support validation of the facility with proper GMP documentation. Additionally, support the facility design and changes with CAPA, Change Controls, Deviations, etc.
* Developing Compliant System: Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and other procedures for systems
* Supports equipment commissioning, qualification and validation activities related to systems owned by WPS
* Write, review and/or assist in the development of SOPs in a timely manner
* Identification, recommendation, and implementation of replacement-in-kind, new or improved equipment and/or systems in support of existing utilities as well as new or existing manufacturing processes.
* Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and site regulations
* Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals and electrical/mechanical drawings
* Drive continuous improvement to support customer and regulatory expectations. Support and participation in client and regulatory audits.
* Passionate about customer services and end-user experience.
* B.S. in an Engineering or related degree
* Minimum of 8-10 years relevant industrial plant engineering experience in healthcare manufacturing setting.
* Engineering background with knowledge of utilities, and general plant infrastructure is required.
* Experience with regulatory standards and requirements for utility processes desired.
* Experience with BAS
* Experience with CAD and MS Office
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.