Posted in Other 6 days ago.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating learner-centered curriculum and contributes to a learning culture through designing cross-functional training and performance improvement initiatives. Creates new material or adapts existing instructional material to various learning modalities including, but not limited to: virtual instructor-led, online learning, and in-person instructor led.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Analyzes learning characteristics, tasks to be learned, and develops an instructional approach to meet learning objectives and business outcomes.
2. Researches, collects and organizes instructional content from various sources for use in instructional programs.
3. Uses the ADDIE model to develop instructional materials, programs and activities.
4. Develops facilitator's guides, rubrics, and other facilitator tools.
5. Develops instructional specifications, using learning and instructional theory to ensure the quality of instruction.
6. Works directly with SME's and Project Manager of Talent Development to ensure project alignment and successful identification of objectives and outcomes.
7. Designs courses and curriculum to be offered through multiple learning delivery modalities.
8. Is adept at effectively communicating with and presenting to executive leadership on key Talent Development initiatives.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible business experience related to both individual and organizational performance improvement, and an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Intermediate knowledge of effective performance improvement and learning methods and processes.
• Presentation and group facilitation skills.
• Strong research, proofreading, writing and editing skills.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Skill in the use of standard office productivity, training and project management software.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively.
• Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
• Skill in planning, organizing, monitoring and ensuring achievement of milestones in projects or assignments, including elements performed by team members and collaborators.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
• With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
• Reading and analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.
about 3 hours ago
about 4 hours ago
about 7 hours ago
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.