To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As Scheduled, Assigned Or Required Engages In The Selection, Installation, Testing, Calibration, Repair And Maintenance Of Technical Medical Equipment And Systems. Maintains Repair Parts Inventory. Completes Appropriate Records And Reports, Which Document Equipment Maintenance History And Productivity In Accordance With Applicable Regulations. Conducts User Training When Required. Attends Training To Keep Current With New Types Of Medical Equipment And Technologies.
1. Performs & Documents Repairs And Tests On Repaired Biomedical Equipment Requiring Repair.
2. Performs & Documents Scheduled Safety Tests, Inspections And Preventive Maintenance On New And Existing Biomedical Equipment.
3. Orders Parts And Supplies According To Established Departmental Procedures.
4. Provides Training And Technical Support To Departmental & Hospital Staff On The Safe And Appropriate Use Of Biomedical Equipment.
5. Assist In All Aspects Of Maintaining The Records Of The Technical Medical Equipment Handled By The Biomedical Engineering Department.
6. Responsible For Keeping Current On Developments In The Field Of Biomedical Engineering: Reads Trade Magazines, Attends Local Level Conferences, Participating Member Of Local Biomedical Organizations.
7. Participates Within The Department In Performance Improvement, Competencies Development And Other Similar Educational Projects.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Biomedical Department.
A Candidate Must Meet Either The Education Or Experience Requirements Listed Below.
One (1) Year Of Experience As Biomed Tech Intern At L&M Hospital; Or Two (2) Years Of Direct Bmet Experience In A Healthcare Setting; Or Four (4) Years Of General Electronic Experience With A Proficiency In Troubleshooting Electronics, And The Ability To Read And Interpret Schematics.
Certified In Biomedical Technology, Preferred. Other Related Certifications Considered.
The Right Individual Will Have A Positive Attitude And Strong Customer Relation?S Skills.