Posted in Other 5 days ago.
At ThinkGeek, we refer to our Store Managers as "Supreme Geeks." As an Empowered Leader, the Supreme Geek works independently to directly influence the performance of everyone who interacts with customers and supports the store environment. Using elements of ThinkGeek's GEEKOUT Sales Model, the Supreme Geek ensures world-class customer service experiences for all of ThinkGeek's customers. The Supreme Geek makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a ThinkGeek store. This position supervises a combination of associates including a First Geek Officer (Assistant Manager), Lead Geek Specialist and Geek Specialists, which may vary based upon store size, location, and expected sales volume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Expansive Thinking: Embrace creative thinking and exploration of new ideas and initiatives.
o Think and act deliberately in creative ways that grow the business and exceed customer expectations by developing new strategic initiatives that shape the long term focus of the business.
* Selling Passion: Enjoy active selling, including exploring and creating customer needs and closing the sale. Demonstrate a passion for the customer and exceeding goals.
o Provide world-class customer service: promptly greet customers, respond to and handle customer concerns quickly, effectively and courteously; align customer passions with ThinkGeek products which exceeds the needs of the customer; recommend additional items as appropriate; and ensure every customer is thanked for shopping at ThinkGeek; ensure all store associates consistently provide world-class customer service.
* GEEKOUT Selling Focus: Drive sales and customer loyalty by creating complete, lasting customer solutions. Demonstrate unique interest in every customer. Ask questions and makes recommendations in order identify and celebrate the customer's inner Geek.
o Ensure the use of GEEKOUT Selling techniques to align customer needs with ThinkGeek products, the recommendation of additional items as appropriate, and ensure every customer is thanked for shopping at ThinkGeek.
o Support the total shopping environment, including visual and operational elements, and the customer relationships that lead to sales and repeat business.
* Team Support: Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on the store team, including schedule and activity-based dependability, continuous improvement, and respond effectively to feedback. Actively seek opportunities to contribute at a higher level of service to the business, the customers, and others on their team.
o Recruit, hire, assess, develop, and retain people committed to outstanding customer service.
o Provide timely, appropriate and regular feedback to all store associates concerning performance, conduct performance coaching discussions as appropriate, and writing and presenting annual performance appraisals.
o Using the Empowered Leadership Model, lead store associates in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals.
o Ensure the sales floor is attended by a supervisor at all times, and the store always has a supervisory employee present.
o Train store associates on all aspects of their jobs, including all company/store policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Operational Agility: Respond rapidly, accurately, and consistently to all of the operational requirements essential for creating exceptional and profitable customer experiences in a consistently clean, neat, and well organized store.
o Schedule store associates to achieve optimum customer service levels, and delegate store tasks to ensure proper completion in an environment that puts the customer first.
o Communicate clearly and regularly with store specialists, other Supreme Geeks, the store support center, and the General Manager to ensure that all ThinkGeek store initiatives are implemented according to plan.
o Protect company assets through effective inventory control and loss prevention practices.
o Ensure that all areas of the store are clean, organized, and merchandised per company guidelines and all store fixtures and equipment are in proper working order.
o Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the POS system.
o Manage all in-store merchandising activity and stock levels; communicate all shortages, record discrepancies and out of stock issues to the General Manager
* Building a Successful Team - Uses appropriate methods and a flexible and interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of team goals
* Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
* Coaching - Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
* Driving for Results - Sets high goals for personal and group accomplishment; uses measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
* Work Standards - Sets high standards for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
* High school diploma or GED required; An Associate's or accredited Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
* Three or more years of retail sales, customer service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred
* Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
* Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 20 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
* Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%)
* Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient customer service skills
* Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
* Ability to lead in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that includes multiple overlapping priorities
* Proficient knowledge of operating a point-of-sale computer system and properly completing required paperwork
* Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Pop Culture and collectible knowledge preferred
* Possess or acquire during employment onboarding a working understanding of military ranks and related insignia
* Proficient self-motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
* Proficient problem solving skills and judgment abilities
* Proficient ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
* Ability to deliver bank deposits according to loss prevention safety guidelines
* Ability to work extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays
* Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to ThinkGeek policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, affirmative action, and ethical responsibilities
5 minutes ago
Dow Jones & Co.
6 minutes ago
Dow Jones & Co.
30+ days ago
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
4 minutes ago
6 minutes ago
6 minutes ago