Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Job Title: Welder
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AllClear is the military aftermarket industry's leading provider of mission-ready solutions, providing excellence in sustainment to U.S. militaries and its allies. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, AllClear's sustainment solutions cover over 25 of the most utilized military aircraft platforms, supported with distribution agreements from leading OEMs, in-house and managed repair services, engineered products, and manufacturing capabilities.
AllClear was formed in 2020 by bringing together two of the industry's leading companies, Aero Precision and Kellstrom Defense. Combined, AllClear now represents more than 55 years of defense aerospace sustainment experience and expertise. AllClear is focused on the bigger mission mindset of keeping militaries mission-ready. AllClear locations include Abu Dhabi, UAE; Camarillo, CA; Chatsworth, CA; Chula Vista, CA; El Segundo, CA; Greenville, SC; Livermore, CA; Macon, GA; Miramar, FL; Seoul, S. Korea; Singapore, South San Francisco, CA; and Tokyo, Japan.
To learn more, visit: www.GoAllClear.com.
Welder will perform certified spot, seam, and/or stud welding on aerospace parts and components per the requirements of specifications as prescribed by Engineering Drawings and Work Orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Following specific instructions using spot, seam, and stud welders will clean, tack and weld test coupons and production assemblies using weld machines.
• Interpret engineering drawings and welding symbols, fabricate manufacture-welded parts from engineering drawing.
• Apply knowledge of the materials and processes to help with development of Weld Schedules and use existing and new Weld Schedules to produce flight critical welds.
• Verify all work to ensure that quality standards are maintained and adhered to all specifications and procedures involving company and customer practices.
• Collaborate with engineering team to resolve problems and develop new processes and/or procedures.
• Perform welding on aircraft and ground support equipment to a qualified Welding Schedule.
• Perform certified welding on aerospace parts and components per the requirements of specifications as prescribed by Engineering Drawings and Work Orders.
• Perform daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence with a predefined schedule.
• Maintain weld records.
• Read blueprints or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as sequence of operations, as well as welding symbols.
• Select, position, and secure welding tips in machine tool holder.
• Select and position work piece in holding device or fixtures.
• Adjusts machine controls to follow and develop weld schedules to get proper weld strength and cosmetic finish.
• Responsible for ensuring that welds meet applicable welding specifications.
• Observe operation of machine and verify conformance of welded work piece to specifications.
• Adhere to warehouse cleanliness program.
• Promote safety awareness and safe operating procedures.
• Other special projects or duties as assigned.
• Will not directly supervises employees within the department(s).
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years' experience welding base metal groups, Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum in accordance with AWS certification C1.1, and D17.2 for any of spot and seam welding. Flash welding experience a plus.
• NOTE : Acceptable: Experience welding per C1.1
Ideal: Experience welding per AWS D17.2
• Ability to inspect and tensile test coupons produced during weld setup.
• Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions
• Thorough understanding of machine functions, weld process, and variables which may impact the process in a positive or negative manner.
• Knowledge of interpreting welding symbols and specifications prescribed by Engineering Drawings required.
• Ability to read blueprints or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as sequence of operations.
• Must be able to thrive in fast paced environment.
• Ability to proactively identify issues and implement solutions.
• Work environment includes manufacturing shop floor
• Customary warehouse environment, including fluctuating temperatures based on weather conditions
• Customary physical demands for manufacturing shop floor environment.
• Typical work may require light lifting (less than 25 lbs.).
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1 day ago
Brookdale Senior Living
2 days ago
Child Care Resource Center
2 days ago
Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
43 minutes ago
43 minutes ago
30+ days ago