- Prepare/Process bi-weekly payroll: handle maintenance, G/L entries, reports, distributing pay vouchers, download payrolls, and maintain payroll files. Distribute supporting documents to affiliate HR contacts for each payroll.
- Solve problems that relate to payroll, KSOP, and Time Entry.
- Provide employee maintenance through Time Entry System; maintain attendance records.
- Prepare overpayment and fraud detection forms.
- Assist in preparation for annual compensation audit, assure tax records and payments are handled properly, and prepare Kentucky Labor Department quarterly reports.
- Input data on the personnel side of HR such as new hires, transfers, promotions, biographical information, salary changes, appraisals, etc.
- Maintain eligibility for benefits.
- Maintain education, skills, and training/qualification records for all employees.
- Maintain tracking for affirmative action purposes for assigned payrolls.
- Provide management reports as needed.
- Process payroll related bills
- Process employment verifications for CTB and CTIC.
- Ensure all actions performed are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES/EXPERIENCE
- Position normally requires a high school diploma or GED plus such practical knowledge and skills as would be learned on the job.
- Over two years of experience.
- Demonstrative PC Skills with working knowledge of Word, EXCEL and other applicable computer software programs.
- On the job training or experience with Payroll/HRMS Systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- Ability to lift and move mail trays weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Normal office conditions.
- Work performed is deadline driven
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by personnel assigned to this job. This information is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this position.