Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Assists Director of Nursing with ensuring the delivery of quality nursing services tailored to meet the needs of each resident. Assumes responsibilities of Director of Nursing in his or her absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative o f the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ensures coordination of nursing services. This includes but is not limited to: implementing plans of care, regularly evaluating care given and care plans, modifying care plans and staff assignments based on professional expertise and judgment regarding resident needs and staffing.
2. As directed, assists with proper assessment of prospective residents. This includes but is not limited to: reviewing pre-admission data; interviewing residents, caregivers, and/or family; screening for medical and psycho-social factors; level of care; mental illness or mental retardation; and conveying information to staff.
3. Monitors services provided on all shifts. This includes but is no t limited to: evaluating regulatory compliance through daily rounds, reviewing records; interviewing staff , residents, families and/or interested parties; reviewing 24-hour report daily to ensure adequate responses to changes in condition, transfers, discharges; use of physical or chemical restraints; incidents; injuries; potential abuse or neglect; medication errors; loss of resident property, and/or resident or family dissatisfaction, including investigation, documentation, notification and resolution.
4. Ensures the completion of in-service training. This includes but is not limited to: monitoring programs for staff and new employee orientation.
5. Performs and assists in the performance of audits, including but not limited to the following: CQI audits, conducting regulatory compliance rounds, implementing programs to gather and analyze data for trends and to institute methods of promptly resolving problems. Reports and makes recommendations to appropriate committee(s).
6. Active participant in committees, as assigned, including but not limited to: CQI, Behavior Management, Pharmaceutical, Safety, Infection Control.
7. Assists Director of Nursing with department budget regarding financial needs and status, as well as availability equipment, supplies, and resources.
8. As directed, develops and implements staffing plan to meet direct care needs. Recommends quantity and type of nursing personnel necessary to provide care and comply with facility and regulatory requirements. Ensures 24 hour availability as nursing administration/designee by providing on-call access.
9. Participates and ensures adherence to proper safety procedures, including but not limited to: compliance with infection control program, OSHA, f ire and disaster safety, prompt investigation and reporting of injuries and incidents. In the event of an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident and employee safety.
10. Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This includes but is not limited to: documentation in the clinical record, care plan(s) and auditing of the same; documentation of investigations, incidents, meetings, staff training and in-services.
11. Performs quality assessment and assurance functions, including but not limited to: regulatory compliance rounds to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality. Assists with implementation of programs to gather and analyze data for trends and to institute actions to resolve problems promptly. Reports and makes recommendations to appropriate committee.
12. Assists in developing and updating nursing policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
13. Participates with Executive Director and/or Director of Nursing in survey processes by: instructing staff regarding conduct and disclosure, reporting, being present at all times surveyors are on-site, directing prompt responses to requests for information, and undertaking corrective action, if appropriate.
14. Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
15. Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with
facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
16. Ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints f rom residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to present information to management effectively. Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
17. Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs. Good verbal and written communication skills.
18. This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
Directly supervises employees of nursing department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the facility policies, practices, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Indirect supervisor of nurse, program, activity and other assistants as their job functions relate to resident care. Must consistently use discretion and independent judgment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Completion of a Registered Nurse program. Must have effective leadership and computer skills. Minimum of two years experience preferred. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Registered nursing license in state required.
2 days ago
Advanced Drainage Systems
5 days ago
Hudson at Brazil and Town Park
5 days ago
Hudson at Brazil and Town Park