Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
When you work at Stewart,
you’re part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream
of property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we’re providing
residential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or
specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensive
service, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our direct
operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. Join
our team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC)
impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate
services and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and
Stewart. Real partners. Real
possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Manages claims on behalf of insureds in accordance with Stewart Title Guaranty Company’s (STG) policies and procedures as outlined in the Claims Manual and as directed by Regional Claims Counsel (RCC) and Stewart Legal Services (SLS).
• Manages STG's Claims Management System which currently consists of STNET1 and Legal Files for assigned files within designated geographic areas.
• Manages and monitors all claims and claims in litigation involving STG’s insureds on assigned files within designated geographic areas.
• Manages and monitors all legal services and legal representation of STG’s insureds on assigned files within designated geographic areas.
• Monitors and provides updates and legal consultation services to RCC and SLS for all phases of the Claims Management System as described in the Claims Manual, bulletins, and as updated by directions from RCC and SLS.
• Maintains the integrity of STG’s Claims Management System (VAX) and Legal Files by providing monthly updates on claims and insuring the sufficiency of reserves.
• Minimizes policy losses through early identification, payment and settlement of losses, and through education.
• Assists in Salvage operations as directed by the RCC or SLS.
• Prepares in a timely fashion all reports required by the RCC or SLS.
• Provides regulatory certifications related to the sufficiency of STG’s reserves or any other matter as required by SLS.
• Prepares and participates in educational programs sponsored by RCC or SLS.
• Handles such other matters as may be assigned by RCC or SLS.
• Ability to travel.
• Other duties as assigned or reassigned by management
Role Specific Knowledge:
• Maintain other required credentialing and licensing necessary to perform the job assignment.
• Working knowledge of industry and customers.
• Computer skills including working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software packages, internet applications and/or company specific computer applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong negotiating, research, and reading comprehension skills.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Law degree from an ABA accredited law school. Licensed to practice law.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in practicing law which includes experience in negotiation.
• Continuing education required of STGC employees and continuing legal education as required by the Local Bar to maintain licensure.
• Any additional training required by manager
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to
ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you
believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job
opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling
1-800-729-1904 Option 4 or by email at email@example.com.
about 3 hours ago
about 3 hours ago
about 3 hours ago
Hargray Communications Group, Inc.