Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
City: Grand Rapids
Office Location: 901 44th Street SE - - - - -
Date posted: 21-Sep-2021
Business Function: Engineering
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work. We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace, after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking; we embrace well-being in its broadest sense, and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey
What you will be doing:
Our Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Steelcase Quality objectives and serves as the customer advocate in the total Supply Chain from our supply base through manufacturing, and to our customers. Designs, installs, and evaluates quality assurance systems, procedures, and statistical techniques; designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service processes and standards; recommends revision of specifications when indicated; Leads corrective actions for customer complaints; formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. May conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools. Interfaces with all other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues. Directs tactical Quality Assurance projects.
* Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g., ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
* Able to develop technical solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Able to effectively make decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience.
* Able to proactively apply originality and ingenuity to improvement of practices and procedures.
* Must be able to effectively interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management/technical ability.
* Broad knowledge of the entire scope of the Business Management System and understanding of its application inside and outside of the organization.
* Able to use project management skills to initiate and lead improvements of a tactical nature.
* Working knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and specials processes.
* Understands and able to interface with other segments of the order fulfill process.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent defined as a minimum of 4-6 years in Quality or related Technical field (or 2-4 yrs. with Associates Degree)
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Admin - Clerical
about 1 hour ago
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
about 2 hours ago
Sweeping Corporation of America, Inc.
Restaurant - Food Service
about 4 hours ago
MAHLE Behr Charleston, Inc.
MAHLE Engine Components USA, Inc.
MAHLE Behr USA Inc.