Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world"s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Our Molding Technicians work on self-directed teams with minimal direct supervision, follow general instructions, sketches, sample parts, engineering instructions, specifications, operating procedures and recognized methods to perform a variety of standard, generally repetitive, manufacturing activities involved in detaching syntactic elements from composite molds.
* Capable of providing assistance to process problems, documenting issues effectively and following up on open issues.
* Use hand, power and machine tools to facilitate preparation, cleaning, processes of molds, equipment, parts, assemblies, or machinery. Equipment used may include hand knife, automated power or hand cutters, injection mold presses, cranes or other lifting devices, oven operations or shop equipment such as grinders, drills, fork lift or tow motors, etc.
* Record all fabrication or machine operating parameters accurately and legibly on parts where required, routing sheets, resident operation sheets, department documentation or terminals to ensure recording completion of work-in-process, inventories, schedules, labor expenditures, and/or other documentation where required.
* Use simple inspection devices such as protractors, calipers, micrometers, tapes, tension or weight scales, gages, etc. to ensure quality of operation processes performed. Will be required to inspect and certify own work to establish standards.
* Maintain a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with all internal, safety, environmental, customer and government regulations
* Organize work areas, plan tasks with team, perform assigned work and meet or exceed cost, quality and schedule needs.
* Assure product quality.
* Train other employees, as needed, to perform assigned tasks.
* 1+ years experience in a Manufacturing environment
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
* High School Diploma or G.E.D Required
* Strong attention to detail;
* Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
* Read, comprehend and write written instructions;
* Have knowledge of and be able to perform basic shop mathematics;
* Perform work to a defined plan and be capable of defining plans and organizing work area/tasks and people to meet that plan;
* Specific Vision abilities required; including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus with a specific requirement for corrected vision at 20/25 or better;
* Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facilities and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions;
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity;
* Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., using proper lifting techniques.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
12 days ago
12 days ago
15 days ago