Posted in Other 5 days ago.
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Analyst II, Chemistry Laboratory LSS evaluates the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances for consumer product testing purposes. Under general supervision conducts mostly routine and moderate complexity sample analysis, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Directly reports to Manager, Chemistry Laboratory LSS
• Conducts mostly routine and moderate complexity analytical studies of samples, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols.
• Prepares, submits and files reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation and other projects.
• Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and trouble-shoots laboratory instruments / equipment.
• Develops and validates analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating, safety and quality documents for method development, transfer, and validation studies.
• Provides technical training, advice and support to Analysts in data analysis.
• May be involved in investigation, preparation of the responds and in follows-up on client inquiries and complaints as needed.
• May provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and clients regarding testing, reporting or technical inquiries.
• Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
• Manages multiple projects as assigned.
• Maintains Laboratory Notebook.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related discipline
• 2+ years of years' relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
• Associate Degree in Chemistry or similar discipline
• 5+ years of laboratory experience
• Master's Degree in a Chemistry discipline in combination with experience listed above
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• General knowledge of Chemistry and routine and non-routine testing methods and methodologies required
• Knowledge of scientific principles required
• Language Skills: English - Intermediate level required
• Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level required; knowledge of statistical analysis preferred
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) - Intermediate user proficiency required
• Understanding of the company Quality Management System ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 requirements in related tasks
• Knowledge of government, industry and other regulations, standards and methodologies including but not limited to - Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), United States Pharmacopeia (USP), The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act (Prop. 65) and CONEG (Coalition of Northeastern Governors) & The Toxics in Packaging Legislation
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to follow directions, ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Strong attention to details required
• Communication and basic organization and time management skills are required
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• No travel required. Voluntary travel may be requested for training purposes.
• This job operates in a laboratory environment and routinely uses chemistry instruments and equipment
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones
SCUSA Saputo Cheese USA Inc.
SCUSA Saputo Cheese USA Inc.