Posted in Other 13 days ago.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Software Engineer (C, C++) in San Francisco, CA.
The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems.
• Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
• Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software
solutions to meet client needs and data
• Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
• Implement system software and customize to client requirements
• Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
• Code new programs to client's specifications and create test data for testing
• Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
• Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
• Provide quality assurance reviews
• Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
Skills & Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or
related field required
• 5-10 years' experience required
• 5-10 years of working knowledge of C and C++
• Experience in Python, Bash, etc.
• Familiarity with hardware, device drivers/controls, etc.
• Working knowledge of Embedded Linux, Linux/Linux Kernel
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures,
algorithms, and software design
• Large systems software design and development experience
• Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy
• Experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1123868
about 2 hours ago
about 2 hours ago
about 3 hours ago