Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Client Accountant - Multifamily
Job Description Summary
The Client Accountant is responsible for all aspects of property level financial reporting for an assigned portfolio within Client Accounting. The position works closely with Property Managers, Regional Property Managers, and clients, and may take direction from the Sr. Client Accountant, Client Accounting Manager, Controller, or Vice President of Client Accounting. A successful Client Accountant ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting to the client.
The Client Accountant will use sound judgment and due diligence in executing the following responsibilities:
• Collaborates with Property Managers, Regional Property Managers, Asset Managers, Sr. Client Accountants, and clients on properties within assigned portfolio to ensure activity is recorded and reports are prepared in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
• Provides direction and support to site-level team members within assigned portfolio to ensure activity is recorded in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
• Monitors and measures performance of property-level team members within assigned portfolio and communicates such performance to the respective Regional Property Managers.
• Recognizes and rewards right behavior in others and addresses inappropriate behavior or ethical breaches.
• Performs the duties of team accountants as required (in their absence).
• Exercises professionalism and uses caution when engaging team members or other business associates during business hours, company-sponsored events, and personal time.
• Supports and enforces company and accounting policies as well as all applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
• Prepares financial statements for an assigned portfolio in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
• Analyzes property-level activity and financial reports to identify and correct irregularities as well as ensure accurate representation of the property's operational and financial position.
• Monitors trust and partnership accounts, as well as manages cash needs, cash disbursements, and transfers between properties. Reports cash deficits to Regional Property Manager, Portfolio Manager, and client as required.
• Performs (or assists with) the accounting setup of newly acquired properties or final accounting of lost properties, as assigned.
• Reviews 3rd party audit findings for accuracy and reasonableness.
• Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual attendance, and timely reports any tardiness and/or attendance issues to immediate supervisor.
• Performs special projects and research as assigned.
• Supports and enforces internal controls established by the department and company, and discloses any weaknesses relating to such controls or the lack thereof.
• Promotes and applies quality measures and standards within all areas of responsibility to support the company's mission, vision, and core values.
• Exercises professional skepticism in analyzing financial information in an effort to mitigate or detect fraudulent activity.
• Ensures the timely payment of all critical payments including, but not limited to, mortgages, property taxes, property insurance, and owner distributions.
• Monitors business transactions related to Pinnacle for irregularities and reports findings as necessary.
• Reviews and interprets Property Management Agreements for billable services.
• Continually seeks to identify innovative strategies for increasing department efficiencies and reducing expenses.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• An analytical background with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment relative to the timeliness, recognition, and classification of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
• A functional understanding of current accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
• Consistently exhibits strong ethics and confidence, as well as a positive attitude toward company, department, and team members.
• Ability to provide professional support for an assigned team and cultivate value, trust, and positive relations among team and individuals.
• Willingness to hold self and others accountable for performance.
• Flexibility to modify or shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve, while exhibiting focus and positivity amidst change or under pressure.
• Capable of cultivating team camaraderie and value through support and participation in team building and events.
• Aptitude to analyze financial data with the ability to recognize trends and identify irregularities.
• Capable of making sound decisions appropriate to authority level with minimal supervision or direction. Willingness to collaborate on decision-making when necessary.
• Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to recognize problems early and produce prompt resolutions.
• Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks as well as shift focus or multitask when appropriate.
• Capable of working within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while generating timely results.
• Self-motivated to achieve or exceed performance standards and goals set forth by department.
• Ability to discover, understand and meet the needs of clients in a timely manner.
• Integrity, objectivity, and accountability in performing assigned duties.
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, while exercising interdependence within an assigned team.
• Diplomacy to develop and preserve positive relations with clients and team members.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree
• Minimum of two years of general ledger experience preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.