It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment. Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
We are seeking a self-starter who prefers to work on a variety of tasks, is comfortable receiving quick feedback and is capable of putting that feedback to use in future iterations. The Associate Software Engineer will build User Interfaces that analysts will use on a day-to-day basis to make critical business decisions. This position will initially focus on getting tools and data to analysts, will, over time, have a variety of opportunities for growth and learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Development of frontend and backend for analytics and research tools.
· Work on a small team as a self-starter.
· Work with other developers and end-users to consolidate data and present it in an attractive, intuitive interface.
· Work on legacy code as well as new feature development.
· Writing extensible, scalable code.
· Test at the unit, functional, and integration level.
· Experience writing backend code in Java
· Strong initiative and a proven track record of working independently driving projects to completion
· Interested in software craftsmanship with a desire to learn new programming languages
· Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
· Strong attention to detail
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
In lieu of a degree, candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered
· Exposure to developing front-end frameworks web component such as Vue, Lit-Element/ CSS
· Practiced in functional programming and building asynchronous and event-based applications.
· Exposure to distributed version control systems
The Associate Software Engineer will design, development and test proprietary software.The firm has built up a significant set of tools and technology, which you will have access to. You will be expected to pragmatically focus on business value by leveraging our existing tools and infrastructure wherever possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Build out real management and risk analysis algorithms and visualization tools.
· Write performance sensitive code and algorithms.
· Support research & analysis workflows - utilizing in house data analysis infrastructure.
· Work directly with developers and researchers in a tight knit team to develop things infrastructure, tools, and web applications
· Java exposure to full stack development
· Python script development experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
· In lieu of a degree, candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered
· Ability to maintain and integrate native code into a Java system
· Web UIs - you should be able to write user interface code to present the majority of our tools to usersPI149744180