Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Lead a team of technical professionals who are primarily responsible for the 7X24 support of enterprise shared and core infrastructure services. You will ensure operational support and stability in the new cross vendor/platform integrated technologies, including cross platform support and delivery of Database Services. You will provide technical oversight of critical outages. As the Enterprise Database Architect, you will design, and build the future Databases Services infrastructure environments.
• Design & develop architecture
• Evaluate and recommend tools
• Develop & drive best practices
• AOP/Budget Planning
• Supplier management/governance
• Develop strategies
• Lead technical team
• Drive innovation
• Drive optimization
• coach/develop team
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Science, or relevant field.
• 4 + years of direct experience in database administration
• Experience migrating databases to and from various DBMA technologies and virtual locations (private and public clouds).
• Functional knowledge of related partner products and design best practices for DBaaS
• Knowledge of upcoming technologies like PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS
• Solid hands-on experience of database administration including but not limited to PostGreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB and other open source technologies
• Ability to influence technical and leadership team
• Effectively deal with critical outages and remediation
• Experience driving drastic improvement in database services
• Experience transforming to cloud & open source technologies
• Experience supporting world class global Datacenter
• Significant experience working within large IT database environments and some experience in an architect-level role with primary focus on database technologies
• Experience in managing MYSQL and Postgres Databases and all DBA activities
• Experience with Install/configure of new MYSQL & Postgres servers
• Experience with MYSQL Galera Cluster, Master Slave replications activities
• Experience with PostgreSQL & PostgreSQL Architecture, Database Management, PGAdmin, Reliability and WAL, Postgresql related tools
• Experience with Data Replication, Database Security, Encryption, Disaster Recovery exercises, Compression and Data Masking/Redaction
• Experience in deployment of database change scripts from Development teams
• Identify database performance issues and determine best solutions to resolve the same
• Experience optimizing database solutions for multi-terabyte databases
• Implement best practices, Perform RCA
• Must have experience writing scripts using Shell and/or Python and Linux
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience in configuring and managing Kubernetes Environment is a PLUS
• Experience with managing Databases under micro services environment
• Strong SQL Experience
• Experience with On-call support
JOB ID: HRD130601
Category: Information Technology
Location: 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Human Resources (CORPORATE HR)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.