Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer for Honeywell's Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), you will be responsible for defining and leading technologies, ranging from material sciences to electrical and software IoT solutions, for our broad base of products that protect and keep people safe in Industrial and Healthcare environments.
This is a global role that will allow you to work closely with key stakeholders within Honeywell to strategize how we leverage new, emerging, and existing technologies through initiatives that include Developments, Partnerships, and Acquisitions.
You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and thrive in situations of ambiguity. You are cautious of what is unproven, but you are forward-thinking, and a prudent risk-taker. You develop close relationships to end-users and key decision makers, and agile in finding problems that people are willing to pay for. You are paranoid of Incrementalism and are passionate about finding disruptive innovation.
· Own and drive PPE Technology Strategy, including technology trends, competition analysis, and key insights
· Lead the innovation process, including alignment to PPE Strategy and priorities, measured by conversion to New Product Introductions (NPI) and commercial success
· Develop and maintain technology roadmaps that are aligned with mega-trends, customer problems, products, and enabling technologies
· Manage the Technology Funnel for our active investments and continuously improve the Management Operating System (MOS) to ensure commercial success and ROI
· Lead Break Through Initiatives (BTI) with key stakeholders that drive incremental sales of > $100M/year
· Drive subsystem and platform developments within the portfolio to accelerate NPI and reduce time to market
YOU MUST HAVE:
· 10+ years of experience in a technology driven product development role
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Science field
· Experience leading external partnerships such as universities, M&A, or 3 rd party developments
· Experience leading technology strategy in a global, matrixed team structure
· Demonstrated strategy and innovation experience, including commercial success
· Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and drive results cross-functionally
· Experience with creating strategic visions and execution
· The ability to manage people in a high output environment
· Change management experience with cross functional teams to improve operational metrics and revenue generation
· High energy and drive to exceed and win
· Strong bias for action and results, including process implementation to drive rigor throughout the organization
· Able to lead by example, maintain a positive attitude, big-picture perspective, and personal accountability
· Market focused mindset and ability to anticipate changes in customer's needs
· Advanced engineering degree
JOB ID: HRD133806
Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.