Posted in Other 2 days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineering (ME) in the Engines business line is responsible for delivering manufacturing engineering solutions to the Operations organization. ME's develop, introduce and sustain these solutions to enable and deliver Zero Defect Manufacturing processes during the serial production phase of the product Life Cycle. ME's are accountable for defining and delivering robust and capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
* Delivery of a manufacturing system that fulfils all stakeholder requirements including;
o Meeting the business case (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Hours, Investment, Capability)
o Completing everything listed below
o Storing all info in Team Center
o Sign off from customer allowing production and shipment of product
o Equipment/technology bought off by operations
* Product and/or equipment/technology development including;
o Review, understand and/or define equipment capability
o Reviewing business case (BC) manufacturing (MFG) process and capability
o Ensure capable manufacturing process
o Identify and reduce risks, implement error proofing techniques
o Responsible all activities and documentation related to manufacturing of product are complete
o Responsible for new product introduction (NPI) through business learn out
o Complete capability verification and validation of the processes and/or equipment/technology
o Ensure targets are met during Industrial Reviews (IR) up to lifecycle gate 7
o Ensure Statistical Process Control (SPC) put in place
* Adherence to all applicable site Quality processes, procedures, and policies including;
o Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) process
o AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
o AS13002 Developing and Qualifying Alternate Inspection Frequency Plans
o AS13003 Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Requirements
o AS13004 Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Control Plans
o AS13006 Process Control Methods
o AS9102 First Article Inspection Report (FAIR)
o Export Administration Regulations (EAR) & International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements
o Customer specifications and requirements
o All Federal, State, Town, and EHS regulatory laws and guidelines
* Leadership and team work;
o Allocation of task in line with the agreed schedule and budget
o Ensure that all ME related reviews (internal & external) are completed to schedule
o The inputs and outputs are managed to the defined process
o Ensure the successful transition of a program from one lifecycle gate to the next
o Communicate with internal GKN groups and external suppliers and customers professionally
o Provide guidance and training during and after implementation of product and/or equipment/technology
o Apply and share knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, and equipment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Aerospace environment preferred
* 3 years of experience with NC programming and machining methods.
* Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
* GKN Experience
* Knowledge of NC programming and machining methods.
* Proficient computer skills Microsoft Office and NX Unigraphics.
* Prepared to work on the complete range of GKN Aerospace programs, both civil and military.
* Able to travel domestically or internationally as required.
* Application of Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Management tools and techniques.
* Strong time management and project management skills.
* Good reporting and communication skills on project status and progress.
* Capable of interfacing professionally with customers and suppliers.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Knowledge of Siemens Team Center preferred
* Expert knowledge of manufacturing operations & strategies.
* Able to demonstrate the ability to work, and deliver, under own initiative.
* Experience working with diverse skill sets.
* Good interpersonal team working skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
* Has the ability to work successfully within a matrix managed business, able to influence without direct authority.
* Proactive in regard to new developments of expertise required.
* Self-motivated, resourceful, strong minded and committed.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
about 1 hour ago
about 14 hours ago
1 day ago