Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
What you will do
The Site Supervisor is part of our Building Technologies and Solutions business at Johnson Controls. This newly created position will work onsite for a local customer managing a construction project. Looking for strong Construction experience along with BAS controls, electrical and mechanical systems experience. Will interact with our customer staff and management team on a regular basis. Region covered is Memphis, TN to Jackson, TN.
How you will do it
• Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
• Program and assist with troubleshooting when necessary.
• Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
• Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
• Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
• Interface with site customer personnel to ensure conformance to Drawing/Hardware/Software/Graphics site standards.
• Coordinate commissioning and validation activities on-site with commissioning agents and site automation engineers.
• Schedule commissioning and validation activities with the Validation Engineering Team.
• Perform technical reviews of test documents, software, and graphics.
• Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
• Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
• Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
• Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
• Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
• Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
• Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
• Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
Responsible for a medium to large project, manages the contractual commitments of contractors including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities. Focuses on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding resource capacity.
What we look for
Bachelor's Degree in Project/Construction Management.
PMP Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), LEED certification, preferred.
5-7 years of construction management experience. Understands project scope and customer expectations.
BAS, Electrical and Mechanical systems experience.
Knowledge of commercial/contractual complexity, deal structure/financial acumen, disciplines of supply chain, communication skills, C-level relationships. Demonstrates the ability to persuade, negotiate, and influence others.
Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit
26 minutes ago
27 minutes ago
about 2 hours ago
ECS Corporate Services
5 minutes ago
Targa Resources Corp
17 minutes ago
Southwestern Health Resources CIN
18 minutes ago
Southwestern Health Resources CIN