Posted in Other 11 days ago.
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
RN, Hospital - Inpatient Cardiovascular Unit(0.9FTE)
I/P CARDIOVASCULAR UNIT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
0.90 = 72 hours
Starting Wage DOE:
0.00 - 0.00
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE, RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT, AND TUITION LOAN REPAYMENT.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
* Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
* plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
* Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
* Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
* Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
* Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
* Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
* Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
* Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient's families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
* Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
* Regulatory standards (i.e., Joint Commission, OSHA, Patient Safety Standards, etc.)
* Computers and electronic applications
* Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
* American Nurse's Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
* Patient safety standards
* Interpersonal communication
* Collection and analysis of information to develop evidence-based plans of care related to specific interventions and goals.
* Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
* Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
* Utilize time management concepts and maximize time effectively
* Work effectively with interdisciplinary care team
* Give attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient/resident care problems and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
* Respond calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
* Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
* Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
* May be required to work on varied nursing units for varying periods of time
* Practices within the scope of RN licensure
* 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN) -
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance
* Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
* At least one year of RN experience
Certifications and Licenses
* Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
* ACLS certification preferred or ability to successfully complete ACLS training within two years of hire
Other Minimum Qualifications
CVU CardioVascular Unit
Experience in critical care or ability to successfully complete training program
Ability to successfully complete ACLS certification within two (2) years of hire
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated
multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the
19 minutes ago
38 minutes ago
TOTH AND ASSOCIATES INC
about 10 hours ago