Posted in Other 6 days ago.
You'll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you'll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Clinical Coordinator - NICU
I/P OBSTETRICS - NICU (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 65000.00 - 82000.00
The Clinical Coordinator assists the Manager and/or Director in providing leadership and management within the assigned department(s). The Clinical Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the coordination of the 24 hour/7 day a week operational and clinical activity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to personal management to include clinical personnel selection, orientation/training, scheduling, development/mentoring, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, disciplinary actions, patient/resident care delivery, physician relationships, intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities, quality control and process improvement activities, regulatory compliance and fiscal control. Assists in the development of policies and procedures. Utilizes current evidence-based practice to promote timely standard advancement. In the absence of the Manager/Director, may assume responsibility and accountability for 24-hour management of the assigned department(s).
Essential Job Functions
* Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
* Assists Manager/Director with the development, implementation and maintenance of organizational/departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives to ensure safe, high quality patient/resident care.
* Participates in the development of and assists with implementation of an education plan that addresses individual and departmental needs. Directs the orientation and training of new staff and ensures ongoing education Utilizes evidence based practice supported by nursing research.
* Fosters an environment in which staff can realize personal growth and development through active participation in departmental decisions, Shared Governance and opportunities for professional growth.
* Participates in both short- and long-term planning for departmental functions, budgetary processes and fiscal control. Maximizes resources; anticipates and responds to the needs of the department.
* Organizes ongoing communication with the interdisciplinary team, regarding aspects of patient/resident care and department(s) functions. Maintains and displays an appropriate degree of clinical expertise as a Registered Nurse
* Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
* Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
* Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
* Electronic Applications, i.e. Microsoft Office Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
* Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
* HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
* Patient'/resident rights
* Patient safety standards
* Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
* Regulatory requirements and standards (i.e., Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, Magnet, etc.)
* Clinical and financial information systems for patient care areas
* Health care environments and trends as it relates to nursing
* Budgeting and fiscal control
* Evidence based nursing/Respiratory practice
* Clear, effective and professional communication both verbal and written
* Application of leadership and management principles
* Conflict resolution
* Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Interpret policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and initiate appropriate action
* Utilize time management concepts to maximize time effectively
* Work independently as well as work in teams
* Interpret and direct clinical and financial directives/services
* Analyze departmental needs and initiate corrective action as appropriate
* React calmly and professionally when dealing with sensitive, difficult and/or emergent situations
* Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments, often with competing priorities and meet required timeframes/deadlines
* To lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds unassisted (25 pounds limit in LDRP)
* Decisions regarding human resource management may have legal implications.
* Decisions regarding budgeting and fiscal control have a direct impact on the financial viability of the organization.
* Responsible for assessing and making recommendations/decisions regarding the quality and safety of patient/resident care. Acts as a resource to staff, other health care providers, patients/residents and family members.
* Must develop and maintain sound, collaborative working relationships with interdisciplinary team. Responsible for the supervision and coordination of a patient care area with operations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
* Responsible to practice within scope of licensure as a Registered Nurse
* 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN)
* Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
* Clinical Nursing/Respiratory Therapy experience relevant to area of service
* Demonstration of progressively more responsible duties and/or previous supervisory experience, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
* Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
* Healthcare Provider CPR certification required; ACLS may be required in some units
* Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.