Posted in Other 4 days ago.
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Unit Clerk Non-Monitored (0.6FTE)
I/P MEDICAL (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Schedule: M-F 12:30-21:00, some days and weekends will be required
Part-Time (.5 - .74)
Hours per Pay Period:
0.60 = 48 hours
Starting Wage DOE:
0.00 - 0.00
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
* Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
* Performs clerical duties to maintain unit flow which may include paperwork coordination, supply ordering and daily quality checks.
* Utilizes electronic applications to support daily staff and patient workflow, which include, but are not limited to admissions and discharges, order entry and procedures coordination.
* Effectively utilize phone systems. Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and relays other calls and messages promptly. Notifies appropriate personnel of requests.
* Interacts promptly with a polite, courteous and helpful disposition to assists patients/residents, family members, visitors and the interdisciplinary care team.
* Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident services. Supports the Magnet Model of quality nursing care.
* Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
* Assists with limited patient/resident care duties such answering call lights, responding to alarms and delivering trays.
* Observes patient monitor and reports changes to patient's nurse. Can identify life threatening dysrhythmias, maintain appropriate alarm limits, and edit memory on a regular basis, merging and deleting rhythms appropriately. Prints rhythm strips per unit standards and as needed for changes in patient rhythm or condition. Maintains report on each patient and gives shift report to oncoming Unit Clerk to include each patient's rhythm and CPR status.
* Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
* Utilizing a holistic approach, performs basic nursing care and treatments within scope of practice as directed by the licensed nurse to include the goal-directed plan of care for the patient.
* Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient need and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to, activities of daily living (ADLs), vital signs, intake and output measurements and hourly rounding.
* Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
* Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
* HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
* Patients'/residents' rights
* Medical terminology
* Electronic Computer applications, for Billings Clinic computer systems and personal computers
* Regulatory standards (e.g. JCAHO, OSHA)
* Common policies and procedures, both departmental and organizational
* Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) necessary to interact with patients/residents, families, and members of the interdisciplinary care team with a variety of developmental and sociocultural backgrounds
* Verbal and written communication
* Phone systems and telephone communications
* **Rhythm interpretations in monitored areas
* Interact professionally and effectively with the public and interdisciplinary care team
* Perform basic clerical work that may include ordering supplies, assembling charts, organizing, stocking or quality checks.
* Concentrate and pay close attention to detail when working to ensure attention to detail and accuracy.
* Sit for prolonged periods of time
* Utilize time management and organization concepts to maximize tasks efficiently
* Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments and/or interruptions
* Recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate preventative actions
* Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient/resident care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
* To lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds unassisted
* Moderate complexity in prioritizing work load.
* Requires ability to handle frequent interruptions with a high degree of stress.
* High School Diploma or GED
Six months CNA experience in performing patient/resident care in a health care institution, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
* Completion of medical terminology course
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated
multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the
about 2 hours ago
about 10 hours ago
about 19 hours ago
TDS Telecommunications LLC.