Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Global Logistics Specialist
Posting Date 1 week ago (11/19/2021 9:10 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-9889 Job Location(s) Pittsburgh PA United States Travel 10-20% Position Type Full Time Company Cook Myosite Inc. Category Purchasing/Supply Chain
Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We're investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you're curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
The Global Logistics Specialist at Cook Myosite Inc. is responsible for serving internal and external customers by ensuring controlled and timely logistics of incoming samples and outgoing products, and resolving any logistics related problems.
• Focus on the logistical needs for domestic and international distribution based on business unit requirements
• Collaborate with the Global Business team and Regulatory Affairs to determine commercial logistics needs
• Collaborate with the Global Business team, Clinical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs to determine clinical site and clinical trial needs
• Collaborate with Product Development to determine product and incoming human material stability needs in relation to logistics and shipping
• Assist with the development of request for proposals (RFP) to couriers or Third Party Logistics (3PLs)
• Collaborate with Product Development, Technical Services, and Quality to validate packaging and verify shipping lanes.
• Collaborate with Clinical Affairs and Contract Research Organization on supplies distribution and delivery timing, as well as, shipping and receiving guidelines for customers or clinical sites.
• Assist in development of MyoSite distribution systems
• Assist in special projects related to one-time shipping needs
• Assist in development and execution of tasks related to clinical trial materials requirements
• Develop and maintain effective electronic logistics and distribution systems.
• Assist in the development, implementation and oversight of a recordkeeping process to ensure all records required for import/export activities are retained and available
• Assist and monitor custom brokers/carriers' clearance of goods through customs and to their destinations
• Implement business partner screenings and other activities necessary to establish a firm knowledge of the viability of all business partners in accordance embargoes, trade sanctions, and other such edicts
• Assist in the development of and maintenance of commercial invoice templates, materials valuation, product description, harmonized tariff codes, and other applicable import/export data
• Advise and assists with import and export restrictions, tariff classifications, antidumping applicability, FTA qualification and solicitation, country of origin marking requirements, or other customs-related matters, in accordance to customs regulations, laws or procedures
• Execute research of import and export regulations
• Understand and ensure USDA, US Customs, FDA and any other applicable entity requirements are met when Cook MyoSite is the importer of record and exporter
• Ensure customs compliance within the company by actively providing training and customs-related updates
• Develop and maintain broker vendor management, including agreements, communication plans, and invoice/billing reconciliation, and metrics
• Undergraduate degree in Business or related Logistics field or 6 years direct, relevant experience in logistics, or related field, to provide a comparable background
• Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in logistics or distribution preferably in medical device/pharmaceutical industry is preferred
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment.
• Basic understanding of cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, and related regulations associated with Bio/Pharmaceutical product manufacturing
• Basic understanding of EU GDP
• Office Setting (with travel): General office, warehouse and laboratory setting
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
Apply for this job online Apply
Share the job posting with a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
"We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer for minorities, women, protected veterans, disabled individuals, and any other protected class."
Cook will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state/province and local law.
less than a minute ago
Pike Electric, Inc
about 1 hour ago
about 1 hour ago
5 minutes ago
7 minutes ago
Johnson Controls, Inc
12 minutes ago
Johnson Controls, Inc