Posted in Other 15 days ago.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Richmond, VA.
• Design, maintain and support existing applications, databases and middleware, including installing new software releases and system upgrades.
• Develop web-based industrial applications that support and enhance manufacturing operations.
• Support and resolve technical production issues including; applications, database, network and server problems as well as the occasional hardware problem.
• Maintain production databases that gather and store operational data.
• Using exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills, quickly evaluate requests, make prioritized decisions and manage multiple on-going developments.
• Integrate new technologies supporting the delivery of transformational solutions.
• Develop, modify, or configure new innovative software applications.
• Assist in technology adoption and change management (top floor to shop floor).
• Execute capital projects as part of a team.
• Create and deliver general instructions to users for newly installed applications or technology.
• Clearly document delivered applications, software and projects.
Skills & Requirements
• College degree is preferred but not required
• Software development on a variety of platforms including but not limited to MS visual studio
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server databases, stored procedures, database server administration and maintenance
• Experience with enterprise applications and infrastructure in an industrial environment
• Web development with proven success deploying web apps
• Knowledge of application security.
• Machine learning development
• Experience supporting manufacturing hardware and software.
• Exposure to industrial manufacturing and an understanding of production urgency, preferred.
• Hands-on experience developing web based user-friendly applications.
• Ability to analyze complex processes and troubleshoot production issues.
• Passion and excitement for technology.
• Strong technical background, comfortable with developing and supporting complex systems and user interfaces.
• Be a quick learner, innovative thinker, exceptional problem solver and solution developer with strong troubleshooting skills.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
22 minutes ago
Cushman & Wakefield
28 minutes ago
29 minutes ago