Posted in Other 3 days ago.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking an IT Director in Chicago, IL.
This role ensures that the appropriate technology and infrastructure is available to support the achievement of both short and long-term company business goals and objectives. The Director of Technology Services develops strategic plans and risk management strategies to support the installation of technology products that reduce costs and/or enhance business performance. This position allocates sufficient resources and manages an in-house Information Technology Department staff, so that information systems are designed, built, and operated in a manner that is secure, reliable, manageable, and consistent with the organization's business objectives.
• Executive presence that can help drive strategy and innovation across all functional teams.
• Lead innovation efforts with a focus on optimizing the use of technology to achieve construction efficiencies.
• Collaborate with field operations and corporate functional teams to support the strategic business objectives.
• Implement a best-in-class consultative and service-oriented technology group that delivers and supports a positive experience for the end users' use and optimization of technology.
• Establish metrics to ensure that IT is consistently delivering on its end user support, implementation / project management, IT change management practices, maintenance (including staying current with patches and monitoring logs) and end user training and communication.
• Lead the technology training initiatives to expand the effective use of technology.
• Oversees security of systems, data / enterprise information and networks.
• Develops, implements and maintains business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
• Evaluate user department business requirements and create practical application solutions to achieve those requirements.
• Provide technical support consulting services to users and user department managers to allow them to achieve business goals, while at the same time ensuring that the envisioned system is adequately secure, reliable, manageable, and supportable.
• Perform periodic risk assessments to determine specifically which controls are needed for business application software being developed or enhanced.
• Develop and maintain all IT policies and standard operating procedures.
Skills & Requirements
• BS/BA degree in Business, Information Technology or other closely related field. Master's degree is a plus. Microsoft certifications are a plus.
• Minimum of ten (10) years' experience leading technology department and driving business outcomes.
• Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate professional IT staff.
• Experience in the following technologies/products
• WAN, LAN, Wireless Networking
• Microsoft Operating Systems & Server Technologies
• Microsoft software
• Oracle Database, WebLogic
• HTML / Web
• Power BI, Bot Technology, Process Automation, etc.
• Proven track record of delivering superior, cost-effective systems and IT services to a company.
• System integration of different technology and computer platforms.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
• Understanding of the construction industry is preferred.
• Experience managing cloud solutions.Experience in Agile methodologies.
• Experience with implementing a NIST cybersecurity framework and CMMC is a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
1 minute ago
7 minutes ago
7 minutes ago