Posted in Other 10 days ago.
The Radiologic Technologist I UC works to provide expedited care for patients by performing X-ray exams as ordered by MGB Urgent Care providers and by assisting with front desk activities and clinical duties as described below.
Under general direction of the provider individual performs a variety of patient contact duties related to the operations of radiologic equipment to perform diagnostic X-ray exams. Explains safety protocols and routine diagnostic procedures to patients. Must have the capability of performing routine diagnostic procedures with speed, method, accuracy and understanding of theory behind same.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all of the assigned duties of the front office, applying daily check lists for opening and closing of center.
• Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
• Registers arriving patients in the electronic medical record (EMR) following existing protocols.
• Processes payments for services.
Back Office clinical duties:
• Rooms and triages patients.
• Documents review of symptoms, patient history, chief complaint, vital signs and any other necessary clinical documentation in the EMR.
• Obtains and processes patient specimens, according to protocol, for point of care tests (examples: rapid strep, flu, mono, pregnancy, urinalysis, glucose), sends out labs (examples: urine culture, strep culture), and other tests required for employee health visits such as breath alcohol test, urine drug screening. Collection of specimens is typically by urine sample or finger stick blood sample.
• Assists with minor surgical procedures under the direction of licensed provider.
Radiologic Technologist I UC duties:
• Prepares the radiology suite, equipment, and materials as necessary.
• Follows standard protocols for preparing adult and pediatric patients for x-ray studies, capturing images and documenting appropriately in the EMR.
• Cleans and stages exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
• Monitors receipt of x-ray images by receiving Radiology department and monitors availability of results.
• Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
New hire, full-time Radiologic Technologists are eligible for a taxable bonus of $5,000 after the successful completion of your first 90 days of employment.
•Associate's degree from an accredited college required
•Must possess a valid license to practice as a Radiologic Technologist in the state of MA.
•Maintain licensure by maintaining continuing education requirements.
•CPR/BLS certification required
•ARRT certification required
•0 - 2 years experience as a Radiologic Technologist and exposure in a high-volume urgent care center or emergency room preferred
Skills & Abilities
•Must have outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
•Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
•Must have positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
•Possess excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
•Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
•Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
•Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with EPIC preferred. Familiarity with radiology information systems and PACS.
•Must be able to work well in a team environment.
•Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various PUC locations.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Manual dexterity for using a computer keyboard and calculator. Ability to lift over 5 pounds.
•Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment. There is constant contact with the public, clinic and office support staff. Work may be stressful at times because of high volume.
•Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
about 4 hours ago
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
about 4 hours ago
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
about 12 hours ago
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)