GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up equipment, adjusts and operated controls according to specific diagnostic procedures and in accordance with established technique and routine.
- Prepares patients for examinations insuring comfort and modesty.
- Lifts patients on and off examination tables/equipment as necessary for desired results in radiology and mammography
- Position’s patients to obtain desired radiographic/ mammographic results according to established procedures and physician specifications.
- Ensures that each person has been told what the exam entails.
- Places protective lead shields on patients and follows established safety standards.
- Reports unusual incidents or circumstances, hazards, and patient conditions to supervisor.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to all ages of patients.
- Maintains work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition following infection control procedures after each patient examination.
- Attends all necessary in-services and participates in quality improvement programs for both radiology and mammography services.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriately for all age groups.
- Keeps equipment in working order to ensure reliability of tests according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Maintains neatness and order in the radiology rooms. Maintains order in the filing area.
- Maintains current copies of both ARC, National accreditation, state inspections, ARRT and Massachusetts License in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging
- Performs a quality control check on all equipment once weekly.
- Assumes other duties as requested.
Education: Graduate from an accredited radiology program
- Up to date certification as a radiology technologist and/or a mammography technician
Software/Hardware: Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).