Monroe Community College Location:
Rochester, NY Category:
Professional Staff Posted On:
Thu Oct 7 2021 Job Description:
Function of Position:
- Supervising Dentist for Dental Hygiene Clinic, Part Time Semester-by-Semester Appointment.
- Provides General Supervision for dental hygiene services as discussed in 61.9 b under the NYS OP Ed, Practice of dental hygiene.
- Provides Personal Supervision for dental hygiene services as discussed in 61.9 c under the NYS OP Ed, Practice of dental hygiene.
Pay Range: Commensurate with clinical experience and teaching background.
Assignment: 3-hour clinic blocks of direct patient care for the duration of the 15-week semester.
Direct Patient Care Clinics: Monday - Thursday: 8:15am-11:15am; 1:15pm-4:15pm; 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- There are a total of 12 separate 3 hour direct patient care clinics per week for 15 weeks. May choose one or more 3-hour clinic blocks based on preference or availability.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides diagnostic, consultative, and referral services.
- Evaluates patient medical history, dental history, periodontal charting, and restorative charting.
- Consults with primary care providers for medical clearance.
- Evaluates lesions, anomalies, or other pathologies for referral.
- Manages medical emergencies.
- Approves and evaluates dental radiographs.
- Follows AAP guidelines.
- Approves, administers and/or supervises the administration of local anesthesia by faculty.
- Authorizes and evaluates dental sealants.
- Provides instruction and evaluation in the clinical setting.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Serves as a resource to questions that faculty / students may have regarding patient care.
- Attends and participates in Dental Studies in-service/calibration programs, program and department meetings, and advisory board meetings.
- Coordinates and cooperates with full-time clinical course coordinators.
- Understands and applies Monroe Community College, Federal, State, ADA CODA, OSHA, CDC, HIPAA, FERPA, and State Board of Dentistry guidelines, policies, rules, and / or regulations.
- Complies with and is present at ADA CODA Accreditation Site Visits.
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Commits to professional growth
- Commits to the Academic Calendar
- Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree from an accredited college.
- Current license to practice dentistry in New York State.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical practice experience.
- CPR for Health Professionals certified.
- A valid NYS driver's license with clean record and access to reliable transportation.
- Evidence of effective communication skills (interpersonal, speaking, and writing).
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs.
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Evidence of proficiency with technology.
- Background in educational methodology
- Active professional membership
- Dental office management, word processing, spreadsheet, and Internet software competence
- Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish proficiently
Please note: The COVID-19 vaccination is highly preferred for this role Additional Information:
Non-Discrimination - https://www.monroecc.edu/diversity/notice-of-non-discrimination/
Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence, victim status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees, or in any aspect of the business of the College. MCC provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety Report - https://www.monroecc.edu/fileadmin/SiteFiles/GeneralContent/depts/pstd/documents/Final_ASFSR.pdf