Posted in Other 12 days ago.
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Senior Research Scientist/Evaluation (Hybrid) for the Office of Health Affairs.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Research Scientist Evaluator serves as a lead principal investigator for evaluation-based contracts and grants within the WVU Office of Health Affairs. Senior Research Scientist Evaluators must have experience leading complex evaluation studies with multidisciplinary team members and have a demonstrated history of contribution to the evaluation field through publishing. A Senior Research Scientist Evaluator should be familiar with current/modern data-gathering techniques and technology, and have experience leading work in at least one area of federally sponsored program evaluation initiatives, such as by the Centers for Disease Control, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The ideal candidate has a team-oriented attitude and has experience teaching or training others in the program evaluation.
West Virginia University’s Office of Health Affairs frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia’s Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) and other state agencies. Ideal candidates will have work experience that aligns with the mission of DHHR’s Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children and Families, Bureau for Behavioral Health and Bureau for Public Health.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
• 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
• WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
• 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
• Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
• Lead as a principal investigator for complex evaluation programs comprised of multidisciplinary program team members
• Serves as a University representative and liaison to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources for the planning and performance of projects, programs and activities involving health data analytics and program evaluation.
• Work as part of a team to advance the partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
• Facilitates communication and efficient collaboration between research partners at the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the staff of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
• Design and develop primary data collection measures and program evaluation tools;
• Monitor and evaluate quality improvement initiatives through data collection and analysis;
• Conduct routine analysis on program process and outcome data;
• Identify program improvement initiatives by working closely with program staff;
• Provide relevant training to staff on different evaluation aspects;
• Draft written reports and presentations to Office of Health Affairs leadership and DHHR leadership related to evaluation processes and findings;
• Consult appropriate personnel as needed to facilitate ongoing process of program design, implementation and revision;
• Work with stakeholders to lead the development of comprehensive and evidence-based strategic evaluation plans that identifies and prioritizes evaluation activities including program logic models and both process and outcome measures.
• Work with stakeholders to implement evaluation plans for prioritized program areas;
• Develop data collection protocol and instrumentation necessary to conduct in-depth evaluation studies;
• Conduct reviews of program-related documents, data files, published information and official reports;
• Build internal evaluation capacity with all full-time program employees;
• Manage data agreements and relationships with all necessary stakeholders and partners;
• Other duties as assigned. Acts in other matters and capacities as delegated by the Assistant Vice President for Health Affairs and the Director of Evaluation Services
• Supervises and mentors research associates
about 1 hour ago
TMX The Terminix Intl Co LP
about 4 hours ago
Tetra Tech, Inc.
about 4 hours ago
Tetra Tech, Inc.