Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
This is a construction inspection supervisor position. Applicant will be responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Control testing of construction materials including but not limited to soils, asphalt and concrete. Candidate will also be required to set up and conduct laboratory testing for soil and concrete as well as prepare laboratory reports documenting test results. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for communicating and scheduling of work for themselves and others and communication with both new and existing clients.
• Perform routine quality control test procedures including concrete and nuclear moisture/density testing
• Earthwork inspections and field testing
• Concrete sampling and field testing
• Soil and concrete laboratory testing and reporting
• Complete and submit daily reports and Job Hazard Analysis forms
• Follow all corporate and job site safety procedures
• Frequent interaction with clients
• May occasionally make limited recommendations in the field
• Schedule client meetings and/or additional services as needed
• May occasionally attend job site related meetings
• May have responsibility for training or direction of other entry-level technicians
• May include some supervisory responsibilities
• Minimum of 10 years field experience working in related construction inspection projects
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to interpret project plans and specifications
• Computer skills including using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to write accurate and concise field reports
• Experience conducting laboratory materials testing and producing accurate concise laboratory reports
• WVDOH LEVELIII or Greater TRET Certification Preferred
• NICET Certifications Preferred
• ACI concrete Technician Certification Preferred
• Nuclear Gauge Safety Certification
• U.S.DOT Hazmat Certification Class
• OSHA 10-hour Safety Training or Greater
• Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Must possess the ability to read, write and perform basic math
• Must be comfortable communicating with the public
• Must be comfortable performing basic computer functions
• Must be available to work in all types of indoor and outdoor environments
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
about 1 hour ago
Herbert, Rowland, & Grubic, Inc.
about 6 hours ago
West Virginia University Research Corporation
about 6 hours ago
West Virginia University