Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
This position is for a Software Engineering Manager to lead scrum team(s) on the cloud based foundational services/framework. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will apply knowledge of people leadership, software development methodologies, best practices, and processes to deliver timely outcomes with high quality standards. This role will collaborate across the teams on software development needs including design, development, and testing software. The Software Engineering Manager will evaluate their teams' results to determine if project objectives are being met as well as analyze and resolve software development needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee the software development function including the implementation of business plans, policies, and procedures: • Manage teams of highly skilled technical individuals. • Collaborate with Product Owners and Product Managers to develop the roadmap • Work closely with architecture, user experience, product and engineering to ensure delivered products are in alignment with corporate strategy and engineering best practices.
• Manage and coach team on all personnel related processes including hiring, performance management, employee relations, compensation and rewards, employee development, etc. • Determine appropriate resourcing of staff to achieve goals and objectives. • Prepare and manage budget as assigned; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions to maximize operational performance
• Lead work and individuals as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Have a wide range of skills, including some of the following:
o Application Languages: Java or C#.
o Databases: RDBMS and OODBMS -SQLServer, Postgresql, SAP Hana, AWS DynamoDB,
o UI Technologies: React, Angular, Typescript
o Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, OCI, or GCP - examples: EKS, EC2, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS,
o Build and Deploy: branching strategies, GitHub Actions, Jenkins
o Testing: Unit, API and UI technologies: JUnit, NUnit, Python, Postman/Newman, Cypress,
o Source Control: GitHub
• Experience with Microservice based design and development
• Experience with SaaS Based tenant development
• Understanding of best practices regarding software development and software testing
• Understanding of security best practices when architecting environments, applications, and CI/CD
• Experience with container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker preferred.
• Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education
• Seven (8) plus years of experience in information technology with three (2) plus years of
Other Qualifications The Winning Way behaviors that all Vertex employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our customers, and our partners.
• Communicate with Clarity - Be clear, concise and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback. • Act with Urgency - Adopt an agile mentality - frequent iterations, improved speed, resilience. 80/20 rule - better is the enemy of done. Don't spend hours when minutes are enough. • Work with Purpose - Exhibit a "We Can" mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results. • Drive to Decision - Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for customer outcomes. • Own the Outcome - Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you're unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
36 minutes ago
about 6 hours ago
about 7 hours ago
F5 Networks, Inc