Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Provides patient care assistance in a clinic or hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a primary care physician.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which require experience and specialized training which would otherwise be performed by a physician but which do not constitute the practice of medicine.
2. Assesses patient's medical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
3. Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for tuberculosis, and provides guidance and preventative health to students.
4. Performs physical examinations and provides episodic care or problem oriented care under the supervision of a physician.
5. Orders appropriate laboratory tests and interprets the laboratory data such as blood and urine samples.
6. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the attending physician of pertinent medical information.
7. Provides guidance and instruction in preventive health care to patients.
8. Provide counseling in various areas such as birth control and family planning.
9. Assists physicians in formulating therapeutic decisions.
10. Prepares chart documentation for review and counter signature by the physician.
11. Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
12. Responds to emergency situations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Physician Assistant; current Physician Assistant certification issued by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified.
Proficient in the use of medical and surgical instruments and equipment required by work.
Master's degree as Physician Assistant. Bachelor's degree as Physician Assistant with at least two years of professional experience in the role is acceptable based on terminal degree requirements at the time of graduation.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
3 minutes ago
Murphy Oil Corporation
Admin - Clerical
6 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
30+ days ago
Breakthrough Physical Therapy
less than a minute ago
Redbud Physical Therapy
1 minute ago
All Star Physical Therapy