Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We are looking for a Floater Phlebotomist (40 hours per week) in our Westwood, NJ location.
Schedule: Schedule and location will vary based on coverage needs. Must be flexible and able to work Monday - Friday from 6:30am-7:30pm
The Phlebotomist aims to serve patients by preparing specimens for laboratories testing and performing screening standards. The Phlebotomist shall draw quality blood samples while creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
* Greet customers appropriately; treat all customers in a courteous manner
* Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
* Reduces patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process
* Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
* Fully understand all of the physicians' orders
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes; label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order
* Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct
* Package specimens for transport
* Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen
* Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of all specimens
* Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations
* Attend annual department trainings
* Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required (CA, LA, NV and WA requires certification)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
* Reliable transportation with at least 4 years of licensed driving experience and possess a valid driver's license issued in the state of residence.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Must be willing to travel throughout assigned geography about 100% of the time
* Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
* Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by phone
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
* Ability to lift 20 pounds
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
28 days ago
Clinical Management Consultants
30+ days ago
less than a minute ago
Goodwill Industries of SE WIS
less than a minute ago