Posted in Other 1 day ago.
CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to provide services in support of the overall functions of the Laboratory of Bacteriology (LB), Immunity to Pulmonary Pathogens Section. Rocky Mountain Laboratory (RML).
• Prepare a variety of in vitro and in vivo generated biological samples for biochemical analysis using LC-MS technology.
• Execute LC-MS analysis of in vitro and in vivo generated biological samples.
• Maintain LC-MS equipment including routine QC and cleaning.
• Perform analysis of quantitative and qualitative LC-MS metabolomic data sets.
• Assist in development of new protocols for assessment of metabolic flux in biological samples.
• Prepare reports of data analyses for internal projects and external projects.
• Maintain Laboratory notebook detailing experimental design and outcomes.
• Order reagents required to execute experiments and provide general laboratory upkeep and supplies.
• Track and maintain chemical and consumable inventories associated with LC-MS operation.
• Assist in preparation and writing of manuscripts describing experimental findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations.
• Deliver presentations and effectively communicate with other laboratory staff.
• Attend and participate in weekly lab and group meetings, and seminars and conferences as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in biochemical analysis of a wide variety of in vitro and in vivo generated samples for shifts in polar and lipid metabolites.
• Ability to manipulate bacteria including E. coli and attenuated F. tularensis at BSL-2.
• Ability to maintain LC-MS equipment.
• Ability to analyze metabolic profiles obtained from LC-MS analysis of biological samples.
• Ability to generate new protocols for assessment of metabolites by LC-MS.
• Experience with chemical extraction instrumentation and knowledge to keep machine in good working order.
• Ability to assist in preparation and writing manuscripts describing research in peer-reviewed journals
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with intramural and extramural colleagues.
• Familiar with pertinent scientific literature.
• Ability to follow physical laboratory space policies and other guidelines to conduct experiments with safety and biosafety standards.
International LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.CAMRIS.com . CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, defined as two doses of Moderna, two doses of Pfizer, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, is required for this position.
1 day ago
3 days ago