Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Cost of Services Sold
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
The Electrician is a seasoned veteran of the trade and responsible for CW Services maintained equipment to include direct replacement of equipment and/or motors, electrical testing of existing equipment, replacement of ballasts, and low voltage wiring feeds. This position can include new installations, project related work, or anything outside of the preventive maintenance program. This is a working position to include performing preventive maintenance on equipment both electrical and HVAC related, up to and including three-phase 480 VAC.
• Install electrical equipment and components in a neat and professional manner, in accordance with the Massachusetts Electric Code, local building codes, and IEEE standards. Must comply with all NRTL regulations, and comply with the City of Cambridge's requirements.
• Install branch circuit piping and wiring required for general power and lighting, distribution transformers, motor control circuits, panel boards, power distribution units and computer wiring to equipment.
• Electrical lighting, signal, communication, power circuits and equipment.
• Identify and repair defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment or components using suitable troubleshooting testing instruments. Run new feeders as required.
• Examine and test elements of electrical systems to locate faults, such as blown fuses or circuit breakers, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, and worn motor brushes.
• Replace faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other elements of electrical systems, fixtures and applications.
• Correct defective circuits and/or feeders in a Code compliant means or methodology.
• Install voice/data cabling as required during moves, relocations or new installations.
• Install conduit, wiring, receptacles, switches and fixtures for existing applications as directed by CW Services.
• Replace lamps and ballasts as required.
• Adhere to established electrical work order preventive maintenance schedules, as directed by CW Services.
• Monitor and record readings at each facilities main electrical switchgear, as directed by CW Services.
• Plan and lay out work projects from wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches, blueprints and/or verbal instructions.
• Establish test procedures relative to lead requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
• Maintain tools and equipment in good working order - reporting any lost or defective equipment to CW Services.
• As required, estimates materials needed, and records time and materials expended on each work order. Maintains a log of all work performed. Updates building as-builts regularly.
• Be in constant communication with the Broad facilities to prioritize work orders.
• Maintain electrical supply inventory.
• Communicate with CW Services Electrical Lead to assess the need for any additional labor required at times (outside of journeyman and master electrician), ie Viscom, and track this labor.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Performs monthly test and inspection of all Emergency Generators.
• Maintains and update Emergency Generator log book.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
• Possess a current Master's or Journeyman Electrician's License. In addition, possesses ten to fifteen years' experience performing substantive commercial/industrial electrical work and electrical maintenance with five to ten years in a significant life science/research facility.
• Thorough and working knowledge of the Massachusetts Electrical Code, AC and DC motor power and building control methods, all facets of cabling and raceway systems, blueprint reading, mathematics, and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven capability of analyzing and solving problems with various electrical controls and power and lighting systems.
• Must be willing to continue training in their trade to maintain knowledge in the latest equipment and technologies in their assigned duties.
• Safety oriented, and applies Lock-Out / Tag-Out consistently
• Have the ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
about 8 hours ago
about 12 hours ago
about 14 hours ago