Posted in Other 8 days ago.
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The lawyer in this position will be part of a five-person team that provides legal support for all aspects of the biomedical research and technology transfer activities of Mass General Brigham Incorporated and its affiliated hospitals. The primary areas of responsibility for this attorney will include negotiating and drafting complex agreements with industry collaborators and licensees, supporting research misconduct investigations, and providing legal support to research contracting offices and investigators engaged in pre-clinical and human subjects research activities. This attorney will also coordinate legal guidance from internal and external subject matter experts on regulatory compliance issues specific to not-for-profit academic medical centers.
The Research and Technology Section is a highly collaborative and collegial team of individuals dedicated to supporting the research, clinical, and academic staff members who create innovative technologies that improve patient care. The work is challenging, rewarding, and ever-changing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Drafting and negotiating institutional service agreements, research collaboration agreements, intellectual property licenses
• Connecting business requirements and needs with legal strategy
• Analyzing and interpreting contracts and addressing risk factors
• Monitor research misconduct investigations and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and policy
• Advise and support basic and clinical research, compliance and administrative offices on contracting matters and compliance with research-related laws, regulations, and policies
• Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the organization and keep up to date with current developments in areas of responsibility
• Work with and manage outside counsel representing the organization
• J.D. from a highly ranked, ABA-approved law school, licensed in Massachusetts, with approximately 3 years of relevant experience preferably in the health care, intellectual property or business transaction department of a highly ranked law firm or comparably challenging in-house environment. Experience representing Academic Medical Centers, large pharma or medical device companies is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, and the flexibility to work independently or as a member of a team.
• The ability to draw reasonable conclusions from limited information, while recognizing what additional information is needed and how to get it.
• Proven multitasking skills and the willingness to take on any project, big or small.
• Passionate about the Mass General Brigham mission.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
7 minutes ago
about 5 hours ago
The Home for Little Wanderers
about 5 hours ago
The Home for Little Wanderers