Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Primary Function of Position:
The Imaging and Intelligence group at Intuitive is looking for a talented engineering leader with solid background in software engineering and strong hands-on experience with software development. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers working on software infrastructures for next-gen products that enable imaging-based intelligent robotic surgery where machine learning and mixed reality technologies meet. Your team will integrate a variety of software components with da Vinci® robotic surgery platforms. You will lead the development of various infrastructures (embedded, networked, cloud) to automate unit testing, streamline product build and release processes, and improve the quality of products and the efficiency of product development. Working independently as a technical leader and team builder, you will have opportunities to make scalable impact on various software infrastructures for Intuitive products. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy small team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high quality product. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
* Drive software development projects across a variety of technical areas, including embedded software, software design and architecture, system integration, process and workflow automation and optimization, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and formal software build and release
* Recognize, attract, and train top talent to build up a team capable of scalable expansion
* Create, track, and maintain bottom-up schedules to consistently achieve team deliverables
* Lead system design and integration with other digital infrastructures such as network channels and cloud back-end that provide business logic
* Integration of various software components at different phases of development (from research prototype to production-ready software) within the embedded environment, enabling consistent and conherent run-time software ecosystem with optimal performance
* Build, maintain, and extend CI/CD infrastructure to improve software development efficiency and to enable automated and scalable test fixtures, workflows, and processes.
* Own end-to-end software build and release processes including releasing formal software builds, tracking software changes, communicating with developers, maintaining software release artifacts
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, with minimum of ten (10) years of industry experience. Master's degree with minimum of seven (7) years of industry experienced is preferred.
· Experience with embedded Linux systems is required.
· Experience with modern software design methodologies (OOP, design patterns) is required.
· Strong intuition for, and interest in, designing systems for testability, scalability, and maintainability with best practices.
· Experience with SW development life cycles and repository management solutions (git and subversion) is required.
· Hands-on experience with software infrastructures and modern CI cloud services (e.g., CircleCI, SemaphoreCI, CloudBees, etc) is required.
· Experience with software build and release processes and deployment strategies is required.
· Understanding of software development processes in C/C++ are required. Scripting languages (e.g., Python, bash) are plus.
· Attention to details and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Experience with creating high-quality technical documentation
· Self-motivated leadership with flexibility and open-mindness to work across all aspects of SW development life cycle with the ability to define goals and work independently in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
Nice to Haves:
· Experience with developing products in an FDA or other regulated industry or for mission critical applications; comfortable with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, risk analysis, and mitigations.
· Experience with full stack software development (e.g., Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Kubernetes)
· Experience with Dockerized solutions
· Experience with cloud computing and storage platforms (e.g., AWS)
· Experience with testing frame works and static code analyzer to enhance code and product quality (e.g., code linters, security testing).
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : 10% of the time
about 11 hours ago
about 13 hours ago
The Select Group
about 13 hours ago
The Select Group