Position Title: Pile Crew Lead - RDI Location: Houston, TX Salary Interval: Hourly
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in driving pilings into ground to provide foundations for structures. Also directs a team of welders to perform lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts. May be designated to work away from home for extended periods according to projects needs. This position is typically expected to work alongside those they supervise performing tasks as needed to complete the work on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Read, understand, interpret and enforce safety policies and practices.
• Full cooperation with the Superintendent, Foreman and Subs at all times.
• Knowledge and ability to use the following types of equipment:
o Air track, hydraulic drill, grout pump, test jack.
• Always finishes assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality.
• Has a good general knowledge of construction practices.
• Construct, erects, installs, and repairs structures, lagging walls and shotcrete.
• May weld metal parts to steel structural members as well as other applications.
• Excellent housekeeping skills.
• Treat equipment with care and keep tools clean.
• Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Hanging ledgers, overhang brackets and decking with plywood and steel.
• Tying rebar and hanging mesh for shotcrete.
• Making sure all parts of structures are plumb and square and true.
• Know all proper signals for crane work.
• Be able to work with metric, feet, and hundredths measurements.
• Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
• Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
• Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
• Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
• Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
• Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Directly supervises 1-10 Drill Operators, Welders and Laborers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PI187993284