If interested, please send your most updated resume at email@example.com.
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead
Location: Johnston, RI 02919 (Fully Remote)
• The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead guides technology adoption across product teams, builds, and maximizes the capabilities and skills within the chapter, manages and supports chapter members (employees and contingent labor). The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead is responsible for the development and growth of their chapter members and building of competencies.
• They are responsible for team composition optimization, for reviewing priorities and assessing resource and/or backlog redirection, for metrics associated with talent evolution, and for all other administrative responsibilities within the Chapter.
• The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead is a technologist who identifies relevant technology trends and tools that could improve skillsets and overall technology product delivery.
• The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead acts as practice leader who is hands-on, contributes directly to the success of the team, acquires domain knowledge, engages with solution architects, and product owners as a technical SME to ensure alignment of strategic direction for the technology managed within their area.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master's Degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems is a plus.
The Digital Transformation Project requires many levels of technology-based people but most required are Chapter Leads, Enterprise Architects, and Sr. Solutions Architects to engage in and lead some of the projects highlighted below that were recommended to their Innovation Team in a recent engagement with McKenzie and Company Consulting.
• Client Digital Experience - a recommendation was made to engage clients digitally with both their internal and external web sites. Example: an augmented loss prevention program used by filed engineers who perform consultative field visits to their clients.
• The Recommendation: remote visits using 3D imaging, aerial imaging, GPS technology, IoT based sensor technology, artificial intelligence etc.
• Enterprise Content Services Strategy- recommend technology and architecture, present to CIO and stakeholders, and build team(s)
• Increased move to the Cloud - AZURE, IAAS and PAAS
• IoT sensor programs and 3rd party IoT data recommendations
• NLP - Natural Language Processing (possible)
• Client Contextual Data and Data Sheets leveraging - all in text documentation now.
• Business Rules Management / decision rules management
• SSO - Single Sign On - SECURITY - persona-based applications (internal and external)
• Enterprise BPMS- Business Process Management - workflow and business process platform i.e., BIZAGI (intelligent process automation)
• Event Driven Architecture
• .Net core custom development
• Restful Web API- Open API
• Azure DevOps Cloud preferred OR CI/CD OR Jenkins OR AWS
• React Java
• C++ / OO design
• Agile SDLC
• CI/CD / Test - Octopus Deploy
• Open Security Standards - Open ID connect/ JSON Web token/ Secure Oath