Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
This role is at a Dairy Foods manufacturing facility for Land O'Lakes, creating dairy products that stand for real, simple goodness. We believe there's power in every drop of milk our farmers produce, and by improving production and finding innovative uses for that milk, we add a little good to people's lives.
The Lab Technician will be responsible to liaise with Operations to ensure a safe wholesome finished product, which meets our customer's specifications. This is accomplished by conforming to all standards within the LOL Quality Management Systems.
The individual will assist with LQMS orientation and training of new employees. Monitor activities to ensure compliance to all standards of LQMS. Work with QA Managers, Lab Supervisor and Staff to foster and develop programs to assist all employees in the completion of their duties, especially regarding Quality. Works Plant wide to ensure that product integrity, from a microbiological and analytical standpoint, is protected.
HOURS : 3rd Shift (11:00PM - 7:30 AM)
PAY RATE : $26.09
Holidays and rotating schedule
* Associates Degree in Science related field or comparable experience in dairy laboratory testing in 5 out of the last 10 years and necessary licensing
* 18 years or older
* Obtain and maintain certification from CDFA to screen for antibiotics
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
* Extremely attentive to detail
* Ability to work alone as well as with a team
* Good analytical, problem-solving, and root cause analysis skills
* Utilize laboratory supplies/items relating to plant sanitation/safety
* Proficient communication / interpersonal skills with the ability to teach, coach, and deliver results.
* Able to multi-task in fast paced environment with limited supervision
* Proficient in window-based PC programs
* Ability to stand and/or site for an extended period and able to perform repetitive motions
* Need good time management skills to balance everyday workload with additional assignments/projects
*Some occasional heavy lifting may be required
* Quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in a Dairy or related food plant manufacturing operations
* 3 plus years' experience of progressive quality assurance experience in food, or related operations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O'Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O'Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
about 24 hours ago
Levi Strauss & Co.
1 day ago
1 day ago
N. Harris Computer Corporation - USA