Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 442261
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have been with us many years - and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team - where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
DOT- Truck Driver
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the truck driver position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
• Report any problems to your manager.
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
• Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
• Assure product quality to the best of the driver's ability.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
• Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
• Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
• Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
• Perform general labor duties when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B driver
• Have a MVR that meets company standards.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
about 9 hours ago
Healthcare Connections, Inc.
about 22 hours ago
about 23 hours ago