Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Security Properties Residential has an opening for Maintenance Technician II !
At Security Properties Residential (SPR), with 100+ apartment communities in 12 states, we are looking for talented and exceptional team members to join our team! SPR offers a unique workplace that fosters an environment of growth for talent from diverse backgrounds with skills similar but not limited to those in retail, hospitality, and other service industries. At SPR we create exceptional living experiences one WOW at a time through integrity, teamwork, and innovation.
Under direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician II at SPR is responsible for ensuring property maintenance problems and repairs including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, drywall, and appliances are diagnosed and resolved for our residents. SPR encourages team members to share their exceptional skills, knowledge, and professional expertise to create a WOW customer experience for our residents. An ideal candidate for this role responds to work order requests from residents. to schedules, monitors, and performs general maintenance as required. Additionally, you will inspect buildings and grounds for safety and cleanliness, process unit turnover and work with outside contractors as needed.
An ideal candidate for this role is a team player that has at least two years of maintenance experience, apartment maintenance a plus. Additional requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a polite and professional approach, and WOW customer service skills. We are also seeking candidates who demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organizational skills. Position requires sharing on-call responsibilities and may require working on weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive wages, Dayforce Wallet on-demand pay options, bonus opportunities, medical/dental/vision benefits, a safe harbor 401(k) match, on the job training and career path mentoring, and an incredible work environment. Apply to join us today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
• Skills/Specialized Knowledge
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to drive an automobile
• Current driver license and proof of automobile insurance.
• May require one or more of the following certifications:
• EPA Certification, Type I and II.
• HVAC Certification.
• CPO certification (pool).
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• Must be reachable via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
• Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
• Some travel may be required.
• Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
• Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
• Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
• Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
• Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
• Ability to identify and distinguish color.
• Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using nose.
• Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 100 pounds or more.
• Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
• Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
• Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
• Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
• Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
• Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
• Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
• Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, moving mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
12 days ago