Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas' resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That's where you come in.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
This dedicated team will work in an integrated campus to bring world class resources to the community. Apply today to be a part of this committed team serving the mental health needs of the area.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting with patient care activities/task for psychiatric patients under the supervision of more senior level nursing staff. The incumbent will assist with maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment under the direction of the licensed staff.
Location: Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Dept.: BSC Acuity Management
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Provides inpatient non-skilled nursing for psychiatric patients with the collaboration of his/her preceptor/designee
2. Assists with operating equipment such as IVAC, Sphygmomanometer and Scale.
3. Assist patients with activities of daily living.
4. Interact with patients in a therapeutic manner.
5. Participates in implementing and formulating patients' treatment plan with the collaboration of his/her preceptor/designee
6. Assists with the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu.
7. Assists with patients' groups and participation in therapeutic activities (i.e. community meeting, transition, etc.)
8. Participates in the implementation of crisis management skills as directed by licensed staff.
9. Must be able to assist with the restraint of an adult, adolescent or pediatric patient within the guidelines currently in use at HCPC.
10. In certain circumstances, must be able to help maintain initial physical control of an adult, adolescent or pediatric patient individually until assistance from other team members arrive.
11. Monitor patients, document observations and report observations to licensed staff with his/her preceptor's guidance
12. Assist staff during environmental rounds on unit for safety.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Admin - Clerical
38 minutes ago
about 1 hour ago
about 1 hour ago
Cotton Holdings Inc.
30+ days ago
Medical Transportation Management
9 minutes ago
HomeTeam Pest Defense, Inc.
30+ days ago
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP