Positions Supervised: Service Technicians, levels I, II, III, and Group Leader.
Responsible for daily direction and supervision of the service department and Service Technicians.
- Oversee the daily operations of the service department.
- Manage the distribution of Service Technician work loads and assignments.
- Direct the activities of Service Technicians.
- Manage shop costs to achieve margin objectives.
- Ensure the appropriate manpower and supplies are available to complete work assignments.
- Review in progress and completed jobs to verify scope of work completed appropriately and safely.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist Service Advisors in responding to and handling customers' service complaints.
- Establish work standards and evaluate Service Technician's performance.
- May handle issues related to warranty work requests.
- May determine need and cost of service repairs.
- Hire, counsel, and discharge Service Technicians as necessary.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and three to seven years related
Experience. Associates or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates & Licenses
Prior experience in a shop and/or field service environment required. Ability to utilize laptop computers
and portable diagnostic tools required. Prior supervisory experience required.
See Job Description